Thursday, May 21, 2009

Here, Dustin, this is the sample skein I did using the original lilac dyed wool for my BFL roving. As I suspected, the lilac was too "blue" and spoiled the look I wanted. It would have darkened the roving, and anywhere the yellow and lilac touchs, it makes an icky brownish, muddy looking spot. See the ugly area on the right end of the skein? I did not use the lilac in the roving I just had done; I dyed another batch in magenta, which did the trick. :^) I'll have the pretty lilac dyed locks for sale at the festival this weekend in Wooster -there are 2# total.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa. NOTHING looks ugly as long as part of it is pink. What a lovely hank of novelty yarn.

Lilac Haven said...

That is some pretty yarn.

Dustin said...

Thanks for showing us Lisa! I see what you mean with the brownish spots but other than that it looked pretty good. Your rovings always look great, your very creative and good at putting the right colors together.

Somerhill Skylark

 This is Somerhill Skylark, a chocolate agouti junior doe.  She is owned and coated by friend Annette Boose.   GrCH Somerhill Bergamot x Som...