Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Like mother, like daughter?

This is Wallis as a baby and as a 2 yo. Her yearling picture reminds me so much of her mother, Aria. I've added some pictures below to show what I mean.
This is Aria as a yearling.And this is Aria in spring, 2007, a few days before she lambed.

Here is why she looked so big and uncomfortable! That's Wallis in the front, with her 2 brothers behind her. Aria raised all three youngsters by herself with no help from us other than to make sure she had enough to eat. Aria's twin, Lyric, had triplet ewe lambs last spring.

3 comments:

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

oh my goodness those are HOLSTEIN udders on those BFLs! OMG! What do they EAT to make such huge udders?! LOL

Somerhill said...

I know - look how it just GLOWS pink. Makes me uncomfortable just to look at her.
Aria already looks big as a battleship now, and she has at least a month to go. It never seems to bother her at all though...

Becky Utecht said...

Wow! I've never seen an udder like that on a BFL Lisa. Oh to have a healthy set of triplet ewe lambs. :-)

Hall of Fame weekend

Since it was the first Frosty specialty held in Ohio, we made them special.  These are the prizes for Show B.  Show A prizes were etched gla...