Thursday, April 16, 2009


Iden had a small ewe lamb yesterday afternoon, outside in the rain. Chuck moved them inside the barn into a jug so the poor thing could dry off. When I came home from work, she was warm, but still very wet, and started really shivering. So I dug out a lamb coat I made from a thermal lined flannel shirtsleeve, and put that on her. She looks pretty darn cute in her little plaid coat. Her name is Hollis, and her sire is Larkhall. She is 25% Carryhouse R1, 14% Laird, 6.25% Jamie, 6.25% Ebony Boy.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Ah I bet she is cute with her little coat on. I'm glad you got her warmed up. Back in the days when we used to have baby llamas I made little coats for them too. Things are really popping at your place! I'd love to see your babies.

Somerhill said...

I wish you were close so you could come visit.

Becky Utecht said...

So cute in that little plaid coat! What a great idea using the sleeve from an old shirt. I'll have to keep that in mind too.

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...