Friday, April 17, 2009

I've got good news, and I've got bad news......

This morning, Aria had a set of twins, already fed and dried off. They are very active and into everything. She seemed grateful to be moved into a jug where she immediately laid down to rest. I normally would not have moved her into a jug, but now the bad news.

Iden's lamb, Hollis, had died during the night. Iden was quite upset, and kept interfering with Aria's ram lamb, although after she led him away from mama, then she would just butt him away. Although I though she was doing OK, I'm not surprised that we lost the lamb. She was just kinda "off". Her head was odd shaped for a BFL, and she tended to go into a corner and just stand there. I feel sorry for Iden, though.

Aria's lambs are sired by Larkhall, and are 25% Carryhouse R1, 12.5%Jamie, 12.5% Ebony Boy, and 3% Laird. The ewe lamb's name is Wren.

No comments:

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...