Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm fried.........


This has been a busy 2 weeks at work. Last week, I posted the picture of the 2 day Ag School Days program our office does each year. Well, Monday, we did another version of it for 80 4th and 5th graders from Secrest Elementary. We invite their third graders each year, but one of the teachers is .....shall we say...........cranky, and does not let the kids attend. So the 4th and 5th grade teachers decided they wanted their kids to have the experience too.
Then yesterday, we did an event at our property called Moore Memorial Woods. This property was donated to the district to use for education. We had 120 5th graders out there for the day. We took them hiking, showed them all sorts of wildlife skins and skulls, had live salamanders, turtles, frogs and such. My boss did a demonstration of our Enviroscape, which shows how things we dump or that get washed into streams make it into our water supply. My class was on sustainability of natural resources - which is not really my forte'. :^) But I managed to make a 40 minute class on it, complete with a game using popcorn showing the kids how they can use a resource without using it up. They were great - we had some really interesting discussions, and they came up with some ideas that had never occured to me.
I'll top off the week with a 2 day fiber festival on Saturday and Sunday. So by the end of the weekend, I'll be very tired of talking and walking and standing on concrete. Probably Monday I'll hole up and read a book - very quietly!

1 comment:

Lilac Haven said...

Love your title. "bout sums up my week of work every week LOL (just kidding) Am I retired yet?

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...