Saturday, May 2, 2009

I'm waiting on one ewe to lamb (Bliss) so what do I do? Right, take the camera to the barn with me. Naturally, no new lambs. Bliss is out at the far end of the pasture, stuffing herself with succulent grass washed clean by rains that have been falling steadily for about 36 hours. There are brief breaks in the showers, with beautiful sunshine and spots of blue sky. The sun is out right now, but the sky to the west is grey and threatening.
This is the tiny stream that runs out of the ravines north of the house, through the two paddocks served by the old sheep barn, under the road through this culvert, along the side of the main barn, and into the main creek. I love the sound of the water. We get turtles in this little pool, which are fun to feed cat food in the evening.

No comments:

16 days old

Somerhill Arlo x Rose Arbor Bre kits are 16 days old and heavy as bricks.   See that slender piece of straw in the foreground of the pic?  I...