Monday, May 4, 2009

Sheep Thrills

This morning, Collette was in the barn bawling while I was feeding the rabbits. Now, sheep don't always appear to be that smart. Often, a ewe will be walking around, calling for her lamb while its trotting along behind her, trying to keep up. However, she was still raising .....cain.....when I was ready to leave, so I went and checked on her. Sure enough, the little black guy was nowhere to be seen. So I headed out to the paddock to look for him. Up and down the stream, making sure he had not fallen in and drowned. (please, oh please don't let that be it) Check all the electronet to make sure he is not caught in it. Meanwhile, Collette is trailing behind me, bellowing BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa every 3 seconds. Then we check behind every rock, tuft of grass. No black lamb. I looked at Collette - "are you sure he's not in the barn?" We went to look again, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa. Sure enough, I hear a tiny "baaaa?" in return as I entered the barn. He was in the center room, having crawled behind a wooden gate and then could not back out. I unchained the gate, fished him out, and put him down for mama. Silence. Blessed silence. Nothing but the sound of smacking lips as he had breakfast. Collette looked up at me, smug and serene, as if to say "Look, I found him".

1 comment:

Becky Utecht said...

LOL,what a great ending. :-)

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...