Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Last of the Fleece

I finally finished skirting all of this year's fleece Sunday. Its washed and on the screens to dry. Here are the colors that will be blended into my latest roving - teal, spruce, saphire, and kelly green. I plan to have it blended thoroughly so the different colors will just give depth to the finished yarns. I have not decided on a name yet - I'll wait to see the finished product.

The only wool I have in the house now is a grocery bag full of tiny pencil locks I will wash and then dye in multiple colors and then bag up to sell as locks.

4 comments:

P. Ricardo Gonzalez said...

Wow, Lisa, these colors look so rich! I can't wait till you have it all completed. Put me down for a batch--I can't wait!

Becky Utecht said...

Oh, I LOVE those colors! What kind of dye did you use?

Somerhill said...

I used all Jaquard colors.

Teal
Spruce
Sapphire (or Brilliant blue, I'd need to check the bottle)
Kelly Green

The wool on the trays is Spruce with some blue and Christmas Green added to make sure I had enough dye to saturate the fiber. I don't know the maker of the green -my friend buys it in bulk.

Spruce is a WONDERFUL color! :^)

angoraeden said...

What beautiful colors! I can't find any BFL to spin in Southern Indiana. I'd love to have some to this.

16 days old

Somerhill Arlo x Rose Arbor Bre kits are 16 days old and heavy as bricks.   See that slender piece of straw in the foreground of the pic?  I...