Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Saturday is the day

So the plan is to bring in the BFLs, wean the lambs, FAMACHA check the ewes and worm if necessary. There are 3 ewes that will be sold once their udders dry off, so they will be sorted out and penned up for a couple weeks and fed hay. We have a shed with a big outdoor exercise area for them.
I can hardly wait to really "see" the lambs and start evaluating them, selecting the ewe lambs to keep. On paper, there are 2 ram lambs I really want to keep and use for breeding this fall. I've already got a list of ewes to breed them to. Seems silly in a way when these guys are only 2-2.5 months old. :^)

1 comment:

Becky Utecht said...

Not silly at all Lisa! Good luck with them. I want to do get my BFL and BFL cross lambs weaned too.

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...