Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Things we take for granted

I pass these things every day on my way from the parking lot to the front door of my workplace.
This is a beautiful old star magnolia with a hollow spot in a limb. I love its grey bark, picturesque branching habit, and shiney leaves.
A "burning bush" in that unearthly shade of red/fuschia. There are several of these scattered around the grounds.
The viburnum that is directly in front of me as I park. Its smells wonderful in the spring when it's blooming.
This is a japanese maple on the rear corner of the bank downtown. I made the deposit today, and was so struck by its beauty that I went around the block and through the drivethrough just to look at it again.



I

2 comments:

Lilac Haven said...

Beautiful fall colors. Sometimes I think the things we take for granted = everything.

Maureen said...

I love seeing all the burning bushes in their full glory this time of year.

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...