Friday, December 11, 2009

Keftethes (Greek Meatballs)

1# ground lamb
1 cup dried bread crumbs
1 large onion (finely chopped or zapped in the blender)
2 eggs
1 cup of chopped parsley
pinch of dried oregano
a dash of ouzo or brandy
2 T olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Mix together, form into balls, fry in skillet, drain on paper towels. Allow to cool while
making sauce.

RICH TOMATO SAUCE
one bunch of corriander (chopped)
one bunch of basil (chopped)
2 large onion (sliced in thin rings)
3 cloves of garlic
1 C sliced mushrooms
6 fresh tomatoes (finely chopped)
Simmer together for 30 minutes, then add meatballs and cook another 30 minutes.

Serve over rice.

3 comments:

Tari said...

I will definately try this recipe. We love gyros and have a greek friend who makes the best I've eaten. Have you tried curried lamb yet. If you want the recipe let me know.

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

I am going to try all of your recipes...Do you have any good ones for leg of lamb? I seem to have a lot of those still and not sure how to make them...

Or lamb steak...do i just grill them like beef steak?

Jared Lloyd said...

Gee, thanks Lisa. Now I'm starving... : ))

But it reminded me that I need to get that soup recipe to you still...

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...