Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sierra Leone kindled tonight

Sierra(Satin Angora) was pulling wool when I fed the rabbits tonight, so she was on my mind all evening. At 10, I decided to slip down to the barn and check on her. Its raining pretty hard, and getting soft and muddy out there.
She had delivered 9 kits, 8 of them alive. The 8 were all snuggled under a big pile of wool, and were warm and dry. Sierra got a "good girl", a handful of hay, and some treat mix. She was glad to get something to eat. There are 4 bright pink ones, and the others look like they might be chocolate somethings. In this picture, I think I see pink ears on 2 of the darker ones, so they might be chocolate agoutis. That one on the top of the pile on the right definitely looks like a tort with the lighter back and head, and the dark ring around the skull in front of the ears. I'll look more closely in a day or so - tonight, I just wanted to be sure they were clean and warm.

I gave Cyrenaica (SA) a box tonight, and she was carrying straw around with her. She is due on Friday.

2 comments:

Celtic Hare said...

Lovely babies!!!

Maureen said...

Can't wait to see the white ones all grown up.

Washington PA show results

 I decided to return to the Washington PA show after a few year's hiatus.    We had 15 Frosties entered.  For Show A,  Diana Keisel had ...