Sunday, December 20, 2009

Something Special for Christmas Morning

Apple Panakuchen - from my friend, Becky.
Melt in 9" pie pan: 1/3 stick butter Mix together and pour over melted butter in pan: 3 eggs 3/4 C flour 3/4 C milk 1 tsp vanilla Peel, core, and slice one apple. Arrange slices in a circle on top of mixture. Mix together 1/4 C sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon, sprinkle over apple slices.
Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes. Serve warm with syrup. YUM!

Becky suggests trying it with other fruits; how 'bout blueberries strawberries, or peaches? This is really easy to make, looks fabulous, and Chuck loves it!

3 comments:

Tari said...

I'm pretty sure I'm making this Christmas morning and I'm trying the meatballs tonight. We knew a lady where we used to live that would make Peach Kuchen and if this is anything like it! Yum! Yum!

Somerhill said...

This is what we had for Christmas breakfast. Chuck peeled and sliced the Honeycrisp apple while I got the egg mixture ready. It turned our really pretty, and the apples were great!

Becky Utecht said...

Oh I missed this post until just now. Your photo looks really good Lisa. I always double the recipe and make two pans, it's really good reheated in the microwave too.
I'll have to try it with peaches sometime.

Washington PA show results

 I decided to return to the Washington PA show after a few year's hiatus.    We had 15 Frosties entered.  For Show A,  Diana Keisel had ...