Sunday, January 3, 2010

Knitting?


I started knitting this afternoon. I have a skein of blue/purple/green BFL yarn that got screwed up in the drying process.......somehow the ties came loose, and it got scrambled.
Since I've not seen anything made from my yarns, and want to see how the colors develop in the finished knitted fabric, I decided to knit a square, and then felt it to see how much it shrinks in the fulling process. I've posted a picture of it after its knitted, and will make another entry once its felted. The closeup picture is frustrating - I cannot get the colors to come out true. The colors in the photo of the book, needles and some of the yarn are much closer.

Ah - a yarn customer/friend, Jan, came to the rescue with a photo of something she knitted. :^) This is a good example of this yarn knitted up.

4 comments:

Lilac Haven said...

LOoove the hat!

Jan said...

We'll make a knitter out of you yet!

Dustin said...

Keep up the knitting Lisa! That hat is great I love the pattern!

Potosi Sheep Farm said...

Lisa,I love your colors. Your yarns are spectacular! I have the same problem with photographing colors. They never look right.

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...