Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shearing is DONE!

Jason brought along another shearer, Sam, and the 2 of them did all 30 BFLs in 70 minutes! And that is with us fooling around, moving 2 separate flocks through the barn, along with 2 ewes with newborns. And the 2 rams. Sam could not believe how easy it was. I admit, we do try to make the shearer's job as easy as possible. Hope he thinks so, because he is going to be our new shearer - Jason is not shearing anymore. :^(
The ewes look great - sleek and clean. I love to see them out in the fresh, green pasture when they are so clean and WHITE.
No lambs born today - I suppose they are waiting for the rain tomorrow......instead of the sunshine and 73 degrees we enjoyed today.

1 comment:

Tari said...

Bet you feel like a kid in a candy store. I know I would. I sheared Sara and got a pound of really fine wool which I think I will have done into roving blended with some of the suri I got from Ann. Hope I can get it done before Wooster.

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...