Sunday, April 4, 2010

Busy Day!

Jillian had twin girls early this afternoon. When I checked on the flock about 4 pm, I heard little voices in the back of the barn. Hmmmm - who do these belong to? Jill came to the door, saw me, and left. I went out and gently eased her back toward the barn, and when she heard the little voices, she went in. Heck - what did she know, these are her first. She thought you just had them, cleaned them up, and then off you go grazing..... what? I need to feed them? Well, why didn't anyone tell me that? Obviously, they've worked things out this evening, and both girls look full to bursting. They are Paisley and Paige. Paige is the little one.
These are Bess' twins. She had just had the ram when I walked into the barn, and was cleaning him. Since I saw little feet sticking out, I knew his twin was still to come. While I was getting Jill and the girls settled into their pen, I heard a loud, long bellow. By the time I checked Bess 5 minutes later, the ewe lamb was on her knees, and within 10, she was up and going for a meal. Her name is Encore. These are Bess' first lambs, too.

1 comment:

Becky Utecht said...

Oh Lisa, sounds like things are really going well for your BFL lamb crop. Congratulations on all the beautiful lambs and good mamas!

16 days old

Somerhill Arlo x Rose Arbor Bre kits are 16 days old and heavy as bricks.   See that slender piece of straw in the foreground of the pic?  I...