Thursday, April 1, 2010

Clio's boys

Clio was in labor when I checked the barn this morning around 7. She soon produced a big white ram lamb, and here she is cleaning him up. He was up staggering around in no time.

I knew she'd have another one (saw its toes) so I went back up to the house and had breakfast. Half an hour later, she had just given birth to this second ram lamb. He is solid charcoal colored all over - the bluest lamb I've ever seen! I'll post another picture once he is dried off and I can really tell what he looks like. I "think" his wool is actually white, but not sure yet. Clio is a Loyalty daughter, and Lockerbie is a Titus son with a little bit of Jamie in the background. She has produced dark english blue lambs in the past.
Thank goodness for lambs - it had been 5 days since the last set of twins!This is the dark ram now that he is dry. So he is definitely white. He is also a stunner!

2 comments:

Lilac Haven said...

Wow you've got a lot of activty going on at your place.

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

love that blue skin!!

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...