Thursday, December 23, 2010

Something fun

So besides the usual - going to work, evening chores, getting ready for Christmas, I did manage to do something fun this past weekend.  I have a pound of the purple BFL roving left, and decided to try overdyeing it to get some different colored yarns for the market.   The skein on the left is the roving as is, and the one of the right is after I casserole dyed it.  I took the roving, put 2 oz of it in an aluminum foil turkey roaster, accordian style.  Then I wet it, added some vinegar, and scattered some dots of color using dry dye powder.  Then wet it with the sprayer nozzle on the sink, and squished it around, leaving some purple areas undyed.  I used ZCornflower blue, hot pink, and Vermillion.  It makes quite a different in the skeins, and yet they are in the same color family and would look good used together in a knitting project.   I think I'll try this again! 

1 comment:

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...