Monday, September 26, 2011

My birthday presents

Have I mentioned I LOVE red?   Now I have a RED microwave!  LOVE IT!
Plus, Chuck let me get 6 more BFL ewes from my friend, Kathy Davidson @ Potosi in Glenrock, PA. 
They are just beautiful!   Meet Elsie, Esme, Carrah, Cecelia, Isacara, and Islay.  2 yearlings, 4 two year old ewes. I drove over on Saturday evening, stayed in York, PA, and then went to Kathy's in the AM to study pedigrees and admire her flock.   We loaded my choices into the truck, and 6 hours later, the girls hopped of the truck and immediately began grazing.  Gotta love these BFLs - nothing fazes them.  See how well rested and content they look this morning? 

6 comments:

Lilac Haven said...

Love the microwave!! And the sheep are nice too.

Deb W said...

When does breeding start? Or did you buy them bred? Maybe this way you won't run out of fiber to spin by early fall next year, ha-ha.

Maureen said...

Happy birthday, Miss Lisa! Does the microwave have a popcorn button? Got to have one of those!

Alice Farley said...

NOW I know why you went to Pa.,good for you,you love sheep,I do too!And the bunnys too!,love the micro!,I love red in the kitchen!Good luck at the bunny show next week! ALICE

Somerhill said...

We'll put the ram lambs out in about a month, Debbie. I'll put these girls in with one ram so we can keep them in quarantine as long as possible. Nope, Kathy did not turn her rams out until after I left Sunday.
Yes, part of my reason for getting them is to have more wool next year, as well as more lamb. Kathy had sheared them on Saturday, so 4 of them are naked, and 2 have about 2-3 inches of wool.

Tari said...

As fast as the yarn sold at AWG, I think definately more sheep are in order. It's a good thing they come with fleece.

16 days old

Somerhill Arlo x Rose Arbor Bre kits are 16 days old and heavy as bricks.   See that slender piece of straw in the foreground of the pic?  I...