Tuesday, July 10, 2018

The Eagle has landed

While I was fixing my breakfast this morning, I kept hearing what I thought was a hawk screaming. But when I sat down to eat, I could see a large bird in the top of the old Shagbark hickory that stands near the pond, just beyond the edge of our front lawn.

I told Chuck to grab his binoculars, and I got the camera. We quickly realized it was an immature Bald eagle. So from our front porch, we got quite a show as it sat in the high branches of the tree, and then launched and wheeled above our heads, circling over the house for several minutes before it finally left the area.



No comments:

16 days old

Somerhill Arlo x Rose Arbor Bre kits are 16 days old and heavy as bricks.   See that slender piece of straw in the foreground of the pic?  I...