Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2-3-09 Birth Announcement


Miss HH Sierra Leone and Mr Somerhill Camaroon announce the birth of their first litter of 8 (does this sound like its right out of the headlines - hehe) All 8 are healthy looking, dry and warm.Looks like she had just had them in the late PM, since when I checked at 5:30, the blood in the nest was still bright red, and a couple of the kits were still a little sticky. She pulled lots of wool. Had them in 2 piles, so I cleaned out the wet spot, rearranged the bedding to my liking, and then counted heads and combined them. I think they are all either reds or torts.

I'll add a photo later; I forgot the camera this morning with all the other stuff I lug around, plus getting the snow studs strapped onto my shoes to test out on the ice. They work really well, BTW.

3 comments:

WoolyWorm said...

MISS HH Sierra Leone? Don't you mean MRS.? :)

Penny

Jan said...

Where did you get the snow studs?

Congrats on the litters!

Somerhill said...

Jan, they are called Stable-icers and I got them last year from LL Beans (or was it Eddie Bauer?)
I was getting tired of teetering around, trying not to fall down on all the ice that builds up in the barnyard in winter.

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...