Friday, February 27, 2009

Meet Celtic Hare Greylon


Meet Celtic Hare Greylon. He is a 4 month old lilac French Angora buck. I've decided to work with the dilute that has cropped up in my fawns, and also introduce chocolate to the fawns in an attempt to lessen their smutty faces and improve the clear golden color of the wool.
Greylon goes back to my lines, so I know his pedigree pretty well. In his litter were torts and REW, so that gives me some pretty good clues on his genetic color code. He is smallish for his age, and does not have the density of my fawns, but overall, I like him very much, and look forward to working with him. I know his line has good, intense color, and nice dark nails, which are 2 problems that dilutes can have.
He will have a date with both Voodoo and Vignette later this spring.

3 comments:

Lilac Haven said...

He's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy he is! I love the color.

Anonymous said...

hi! wow, what a beauty. i need some fiber! so i'll look at your site to see if any is for sale. out of my giant stash, no angora...that is not right!

much love, JoAnne Gerwe from Moa HandKnits

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...