Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sexing Bunnies



Update on the bunnies. I have tenative sexes on the 3 week old SA litter:
Black buck (reserved)
Chocolate buck - hopefully my new herdsire
Broken red/fawn buck - a mismark, but if he has a good body, will make a nice breeding buck with nice clean color. I'm guessing he is a chocolate based. AabbCCD-ee
Broken chocolate doe
Broken chocolate tort doe
Tort doe
I wonder how many of these I have right. :^) Baby bunny parts are very small and hard to see.
What look like does sometimes change into bucks as they mature. Experienced rabbit breeders refer to this as "a visit from the sex-change fairie."

No comments:

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...