Sunday, February 8, 2009

PA State Convention and UARC Specialty


Annette and I left for Pennsylvania on Friday PM. We had a great time on the way - talking all the time. :^) We arrived at the showroom before dark, got unloaded and looked around a bit. Then we had dinner at Ruby Tuesdays with Amy, her mom, & Julie. We got settle into our rooms in the Quality Inn Lebanon by around 9PM.
The next morning, we registered, and I starting grooming the 2 FA and 1 SA I had entered while Annette looked for the people she was meeting to look at rabbits.
The show was busy with 3 judges juggling the 4 breeds for 2 different shows. Lots of running around to get to the right table at the right time, and still get to watch some of the show for the Giants and English. I wrote for some of the judging, and also sat with Annette while she learned - just for moral support.
Bill Patrick judged the French open show. My Vidal got BOS, which give his his 3rd leg and his championship. Just in tim, too, because I want to run down to the barn later today and cut off that coat. Its starting to web, and took a lot of work to get it looking good for the show.
Dr Chris Hayhow judged the specialty show for all 4 breeds. My Shiraz got BOB. I had sold her before the show, and her new owner was thrilled. That would be Shiraz 7th leg. :^) I am keeping 4 of her daughters and a son, so she will move on to improve another show herd. What a beauty she is, and so sweet and gentle.
We headed home after the BIS judging (went to Amy and her French) and talked all the way home. :^) I got into the house at about 10PM, and I think Annette made it to her place around 11PM. It was a great trip, with lots of fun talking to friends, meeting new ones, and enjoying a break in the weather. Beautiful, sunny, and warm. It was 60 degrees here on Saturday!

That's me and Shiraz on the left, with Amy and her BOB French, Linda with her English, and Terry with her Giant.

2 comments:

Denise said...

OMG I didn't realize that was Shiraz in the photo with you. That girl is really something isn't she? She must be your very favorite satin angora....and to think we are related :-)

Annonymous said...

such nice pictures. I wish i was there, but work keeps me from the shows! Kristine

16 days old

Somerhill Arlo x Rose Arbor Bre kits are 16 days old and heavy as bricks.   See that slender piece of straw in the foreground of the pic?  I...