Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Clio had her twins yesterday afternoon. I missed her in the evening when I was checking for the last few pregnant ewes and found her under the hedge tree along the stream, sleeping in the shade. They are big, robust lambs, and after picking up the ram lamb to carry him to the barn before it got dark, I could see why she'd been lying around the last couple days, and having trouble getting to her feet! The ram is a stunner; beautiful earset, super blue, and just that "hey, look at me" attitude. The ewe lamb is Kipling, and if he turns out like I think he will, his name will be McTurk. Notice his black spots on the fronts of both front feet? The sire is Lockerbie, so they are 25% Loyalty, 25% Titus, and 6.25% Jamie.

No comments:

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...