Sunday, August 23, 2009

So I got bored this afternoon................

I don't know why, but the purple in the skein does not show up well in this photo - it looks blue. Anyway, this is my first attempt at dyeing skeins in multiple colors. I used sapphire, purple and Kelly green. I copied off my friend, Annette, and put the skein in a turkey roaster. My technique is the same as when I dye locks; wet the skein with water and vinegar, then sprinkle it with dye powder, and wet the dye with the sprayer on my kitchen sink. Then I take a plastic spoon and smoosh around until the skein soaks up the dye. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 350. Drain and rinse skein thoroughly afterwards.

3 comments:

Lilac Haven said...

I like it!!

Dawn said...

Lovely, very pretty.

Becky Utecht said...

Very lovely Lisa. It will be cool to see how the skeins knit up.

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...