Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New BFL lambswool Angora blend


Just as I expected, this roving arrived the day after A Wool Gathering. :^( Oh well, its beautiful, and a breeze to spin. Its a blend of a natural colored lamb's fleece from Jillian and some fawn French Angora I've been "hoarding". There is 55% angora in the blend, so the yarn has quite a bit of bloom already. Its a hard color to decide upon - is it grey or is it brown? I think taupe, actually, and it spins up heathery. Very nice and soft. Its $5 per ounce. I spun an ounce last night, and got 54 yards of sportweight yarn.

5 comments:

Denise said...

It's beautiful!

Carol said...

Lisa...it's gorgeous and I bet feels dreamy. That's a nice blend percentage (55% angora). Can't wait to blend some of mine! --Carol

Lilac Haven said...

It's beautiful

Dustin said...

I love it very nice color. Did I say I love it!?

Sheryl at Providence North said...

Sounds lovely!

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...