Monday, September 21, 2009

A Wool Gathering 2009

This is my friend, Jane, who is in the booth beside me every year. We've been friends for years - first meeting at a rabbit show. She's gone from guinea pigs and rabbits, to llamas and sheep, and now has horses. Most the roving is from her own flock of sheep. She also is a Babe dealer. We had dinner together Saturday evening at "El Toro", a mexican style restaurant in Springfield. VERY GOOD FOOD!
This is Judy, teaching drop spindling to anyone who will stand still long enough. :^) She loves to teach, and is very good at it.

The Rouge Lucet - a fun way to make cord.

The Shepherd's Rug. Letty Klein was not there, but these ladies were demonstrating the technique and selling the finished rugs and the book.

A different kind of rug - these are woven.

Joan is an Ohio artist, and I LOVE her sheep and border collie prints. Someday I'll commission something with BFLs.
These are only a few of the vendors - the festival has two huge tents - I'm guessing about 40x200 feet, plus a tent for exhibiting fiber animals and demonstrating shearing. They have a lot of free beginner classes, and are especially geared toward youngsters.
Despite concerns about the economy, the festival was well attended, and my sales were excellent.
I don't have a picture, but my friend Annette came and sat with me all day Saturday and brought along some bunnies, angora pins, and note cards to sell. You can see pictures of us on her blog.




2 comments:

P. Ricardo Gonzalez said...

The pictures of the Wool Gathering are awesome. Where are the pictures of you and your booth, Lisa?

Tari said...

hey Lisa I've got 2 of Joans Border collie working sheep prints> If you need a border collie in the commission painting I've got one you can borrow.We saw the pictures, Thanks Tari

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...