Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bunicula!

This is Somerhill Nightshade, aka Bunicula. LOL.
He got the nickname at the Springfield show. When I was loading the rabbits into the carriers for the show that morning, I noticed he had a mark on his ear. Upon closer inspection, I found that he had two fresh round holes in his ear about 1.25" apart, spaced as though they were fang marks. Since he was in a cage by himself, with the closest rabbit 10-12" away, I could not figure out what could have bitten him. At the show, everyone examined the marks, and since it had been Halloween the night before, concluded the only thing they could be were the marks of a vampire's bite.
Bunic...er...Nightshade went on to win best colored JR buck out of six in one of the shows, so he won his first leg. I was grooming him last night and checking his ear again. Its healing well, and will likely not have any marks left. But just in case, I'm staying out of the rabbitry at midnight!

No comments:

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...