Monday, March 22, 2010

Farm Bureau Cook-off

Here I am, passing out samples of "Bourbon Street Lamb" to unsuspecting attendees. In all seriousness, most everyone accepted a sample, and I actually ran out before the evening was over. They had the opportunity to vote for their favorite dishes by putting tickets in a paper sack on our table, and I got quite a few tickets. One gentleman who'd never eaten lamb before came back, put all his tickets in my sack, and said "that is the best stuff here!"
This is my friend, Kim, her daughter, Etta, and their exchange student, Lera. Lera is from the Ukraine, and she prepared a soup for their dish.
There were about 25 vendors with everything from fudge to punch to Hawaiian meatballs, cheese dip, roast beef, and fruits dipped in chocolates. It was held at the local vocational school in their cafeteria. People paid $10 to come, and got to sample all the foods. It was well attended - over 100 people were there; up from the previous year. This is the first time I participated, and I will be doing it next year with another lamb recipe.

1 comment:

Potosi Sheep Farm said...

MMMMMM Sounds wonderful. Everyone should try lamb!

Hall of Fame weekend

Since it was the first Frosty specialty held in Ohio, we made them special.  These are the prizes for Show B.  Show A prizes were etched gla...