Monday, June 21, 2010

Yogurt Cheese


Since no one at the farmer's market brought fresh herbs this week, I had to buy a "do it yourself" kit. :^) Now I have a lemon thyme and a rosemary plant. Here are the two plants and the freshly made yogurt cheese. I put it in a colander lined with a coffee filter overnight, and it worked just right. Its surprising how much liquid drains out of the yogurt. It leaves a creamy curd, and I just snipped the herbs and stirred them in, along with freshly ground pepper. I spread it on some French bread, added lots of thinly sliced onion and a small amount of roast lamb, and dipped the sandwich in olive oil with pesto as we ate. We both LOVED it!
You can find the recipe for the cheese on Friday, June 18th.

1 comment:

Lilac Haven said...

sounds yummy. if you want a basil plant I will save one for you. i planted about 15 of them

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...