Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Malabar State Park and more yarn

Last night I took off from work a little early and drove north to Malabar Farm State Park (near Mohican).  My friend Anne had asked me to do a presentation for her spinning guild on raising sheep.  I talked for almost 45 minutes, and several people stood around afterwards asking questions and admiring the yarn and wool I'd brought.  (they gave up eating cookies and cake to talk to me - hehe)  I really enjoyed it - but driving home 2.5 hours in the rain and very dark country made me sleepy.  I made it home safely just before 11PM. 
Her guild meets monthly, and also has some events on the weekend throughout the year.  Next time they do that, I need to go back up and spend more time looking at the displays and learning more about the farm and its original owner, Louis Bromfield. 

No comments:

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...