Sunday, September 4, 2011

Today

Today I will finish washing all the wool from this year's wool clip.  I should have it dry and ready to ship to Stonehedge for white roving on Tuesday morning.   I also have some more skeins to dye, although I am running low on some of my favorite dye colors.  Maybe 2011 is the year I finally use up all the old Cushing dyes I have collected over the past 20 years!  

Yesterday, the temperature topped out at 100 degrees!   Today, we have 82 predicted, with thunderstorms approaching.  Tomorrow, the high should be 65.   The rest of the week is to be in the upper 60s and 70s.

4 comments:

Judith said...

that's encouraging to me Lisa. I just started rinsing 42 fleeces. I just do a hot rinse to remove excess weight before storing it away to ship to the mill in Jan. when they have the big sale. It's not going very fast but we are suppose to have one more hot week.

Alice Farley said...

Lisa,won't it be NICE,that cool weather!

Deb W said...

How do you wash your fleeces? A lot of the folks here use their washing machine, but I use the lingere bag in the sink or plastic tub inside the bathtub method. Both are very time-consuming, so I was very impressed to see so many fleeces on your drying rack.

Since you have yours commercially processed, how do you go about determining pricing at shows? (I'm thinking about next year's KSFF) Washing and carding at home save money, but take so much time. Commercial processing is the easy-fast way to go, but expensive?

Deb W said...

BTW - a friend wants to go to A Wool Gathering, so I may get to see you there!

Lake picnic

 We picked the perfect day for a spring picnic on the lake.  The rains stopped for a bit, sun came out, and it was perfect temp to sit on th...